Welcome to my little blog! :) So glad you've stoped in for a visit. Look around and enjoy yourself!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our sin and God's amazing forgiveness



Genesis 3: 1-13
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die. "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."
And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"
The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."
Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
******************************************************
This is how sin came into the world. God told them not to eat the fruit but they did. We are all sinners. We can not go to heaven because we have all sinned. But God made a way that we can go to heaven. Jesus came and died for our sins so we can go to heaven. All we have to do is ask for forgiveness and believe on Him. Tell God your sorry and thank Him for taking away your sin. Tell him you believe in Him. God is amazing!

In His great & awesome love,
***Katie***

2 comments:

  1. What a great presentation of the gospel!! You're right Katie, God IS amazing!!!

    Your Friend,
    Camille.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I'm so proud of the wonderful young lady you are and I pray that you will be sold out to the Lord all your life!
    I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please remeber to only post what is helpful or encouarging! I will delet comments that are not kind :)! Thanks again! :)