Welcome to my little blog! :) So glad you've stoped in for a visit. Look around and enjoy yourself!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ballet

I'm so excited that our Christmas break for ballet ends tomorrow! :) I love ballet and have missed it very much over the Christmas holiday. So today, I will post about ballet! :)Every little girl at one time dreams of being a ballerina. To go soaring across the stage with such grace that it leaves her audience in awe. When she does her graceful turns you want to get up and do them with her. It is a girls dream to be this graceful young lady.
I don't plan to be a professional ballerina and dance in New York or what have you. But I do enjoy ballet very much and want to continue it for years to come. I want to continue to progress to someday being a extremely good dancer. But I put all that in God's hands.
I take ballet from a young woman who I love very much. She is so talented. It is actually Christian ballet. We dance to Christian songs and all our costumes are modest. Our teacher is so sweet she always teaches in love. My favorite thing in ballet is getting to learn the steps to new songs. It is such a thrill to see what she has choreographed for our class to do. :) My least favorite thing is splits. I know that I will be grateful when they are completely down but right now it is painful! ;) I have my right split almost down, my left split is not to far, and my middle split is hopeless. ;) Just kidding, hopefully I'll get it someday.
This spring the theme of our recital is Let The Nations Be Glad. Different dance classes are representing different countries. I believe that our dance class is representing Ireland and Africa. I'm choreographing a dance with my of my friends we are going to be Ecuador. We are dancing to the song No Greater Love by Steven Curtis Chapman. I'll try to post the songs for y'all to hear later.
Ballet is one of the greatest enjoyments in my life. I enjoy getting to dance and glorifying God through it! :)
Do any of y'all do ballet? Did any of y'all ever want to be a ballerina as a little girl? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! :)

In His great & awesome love,
***Katie***

2 comments:

  1. Your ballet is such a blessing. I love watching you and your sisters dancing, glorifying God and nurturing those wonderful, godly friendships. I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are very sweet! I enjoy having you in ballet, and I am glad you enjoy dancing and praising God through it. Your words were very encouraging... I'm not a perfect teacher by any means, but praise God for all He's allowed me to do and brought together. Keep praising Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please remeber to only post what is helpful or encouarging! I will delet comments that are not kind :)! Thanks again! :)