Welcome to my little blog! :) So glad you've stoped in for a visit. Look around and enjoy yourself!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

True Love

What is love? Is it just a good feeling? Is it when someone gives you roses and chocolate?
Valentines day will soon be here and I thought that now would be a good time to look at what exactly love is. We imagine love as someone leaving us red roses, chocolate, and possibly a poem if this person is creative. We've also come to think that love is just a feeling. "Love at first sight!" as everyone calls it. I've even heard people say, "When I saw him I knew I would love him forever!" But isn't love much more then a feeling? Love is an action. I want to share with y'all 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a, the chapter famous for talking about love.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preservers. Love never fails.
I want you to take a moment and really look at those verses. How many of them of those are feelings? How about actions? If we take a close look we see that it is all actions. Love is an action. What about God's love for us? It is definitely actions! John 3:16 clearly shows us this, For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in him will not die but have eternal life. Now if that's not love through actions I don't know what is! :) God's love for us is so great that He gave His only son Jesus Christ to die for us. That is ultimate love!
My prayer is that this Valentines Day we will remember what love truly is and that we will remember the ultimate love of the Father. I challenge y'all to memorize this section of 1 Corinthians 13 that I shared with y'all today. I will try to do this to. I'm hoping to memorize it by Valentines Day.

In His great & awesome love,
***Katie***

5 comments:

  1. This is a terrific blog post! You are such a wise young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, Sweetie! I wish I'd had this wisdom when I was your age. It's such a joy to see God leading you and you loving and following Him. Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you won the giveaway at Modesty is Next to Beauty please email me at coolirish5@yahoo.com to claim your prize.

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jennifer! This is a terrific post and I love your reference to and analysis of the verses in Corinthians!

    Blessings,

    Julianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Please remeber to only post what is helpful or encouarging! I will delet comments that are not kind :)! Thanks again! :)